b16 idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i just put a sir b16a in to my crx si. the problem im having now its that it dosnt want to stay at a good idle and it sounds like shit but it runs ok i guess. its idles around 200rmps i tink. is that a bad thing?does any one know what might be worng with my crx.

i adjusted the sensor on the side of the throttle body and now the LED on the ecu is flashing 7 times..the screw has some stuff on it so i cant get it to trun

gallery_18803_132_44295.jpg

i can blow the picture up a lil bit, but im not sure if i have enough disk space left on here to upload anything bigger, but i can try if you need it.

as for the stuff on the screw, get a flathead screwdriver, and scrape it off, it might help to dig a little deeper into the metal, so you have less chence of the screwdriver spinning off.

and the sensor, yeah thats the TPS, put it back exactly where it was. theres no reason to mess with it. just reset your ecu to erase the code. just remove the hazard, and the ECU fuse under the hood, and leave them out for like 10-20 secs.

alright i put the TPS back and rest. its not throwing a code anymore but it still has a weak idle. it now up to about 750rpm but then drops back to under 500rpm after it warms up a lil bit. i have messed with the idle adj.screw but still no change. could it have to do with the dashpot diaphragm?or maybe something that might have to do with the vacuum stuff? all i have to say is that im at a loss.i have no idead what the hell it might be. any help would be thankful

Back