B16 in 93 eg..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm an asshole sometimes and sometimes I'm not too bad... I've got a pretty good bit of knowledge and long as somebody is straight up I have no problem helping 4 giving information

Bought a gsr throttle cable and it was about 1 inch short from connecting to the throttle body. So that was a waste of 40$
I'm thinking I should try the cable from a 1.6 dohc del sol.....?

Also the shift linkage won't fit in the existing automatic hole. Guessing I need to either cut the sheet metal and make my own bracketry or maybe orider some specific b16 swap linkage.
I looked at my linkage that came with the swap and noticed that it said crx sir written on it. Maybe I need to order the new shift linkage from ebay.

Stock throttle cable for d16 and d16 bracket work if I recall , straightforwars swap they came with b16s overseas, the gsr one is longer because the intake wraps down

USDM harness is a must but I'm not sure about an AT engine harness....there are differences but I've never personally dealt with them

I had 2 Bswaps in my EG. You must use a B-series header and it will come up short to any exhaust for any USDM EG. It is an easy/quick/cheap fix by a muffler shop. I always drove there but it gets loud straight off the header. Or...Guys build a long test pipe to delete cat and mate up to exhaust.

Edit: I know a D16Z6 TB cable works in an EG with a B18B or B16A with no modifications.

I get excited just reading this stuff and committing it to memory. I feel like a car nerd.

You will not use anything GSR in your swap, also as stated above I do believe the engine harness is different on automatic chassis

I get excited just reading this stuff and committing it to memory. I feel like a car nerd.
Wait till you been doing it a long time and then you have days and days and days of useless Honda knowledge memorized to the back your hand that once in a blue moon comes in handy

Screenshot_2016-07-06-11-58-03.png

Thanks man.
Its coming along smoothly.
Ordered more parts today.
Skunk2 weighted shift knob
Genuine oem acura type r red shift boot
Aluminum red front lower control arms
Moog lower ball joints
Private label Toda style B series header
Innovative B swap shifter linkage
Prothane shift linkage bushings
Skunk2 alpha radiator

That's it for this week
Up next is possibly
Skunk2 upper adjustable front control arms
Skunk2 coilover suspension
Skunk2 rear lower control arms

Gotta do a power steering flush, it looks like coffee.

Anyone know the prothane part number for the bushing that is in the bracket on each side in front?

No those arent the ones.
I already got a set of those off ebay that are aluminum.

I was looking for the ones on each side tbat connect to the 1 singular bolt/bushing that holds the front lower control arm in place .
Its like the one bolt on the control arm under the car then it connects to the control arm with 2 bolts.

Back