b16 in eg problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16eg

i have a b16a3 in my 95civic. i need some wiring help. DO ANYBODY HAVE PICUTRES OF WHERE THE 6 WIRE FOR VTEC GOES. I KNOW WHERE IT GOES ON THE ECU but not on motor. I HAVE THE KNOCK, VTEC Solenoid,VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor, AND VTEC Ground. I NOT SURE HOW THE CHECK WHERE Evap Purge Power. AND Evap Purge Solenoid was not in the a20 pin not even hooked up. when i drive my car with a stock p28, i can hear the vtec at 4500. but when i put in a p30, it seem like it cant pass 5000rpm and cant hear or feel no vtec. can any1 help so i can have vtec on the p30????????????????

well, my question is that if i dont plug up the Evap Purge Power AND Evap Purge Solenoid , will i have vtec????? and where is that located on the b16 motor

Originally posted by b16eg@Aug 23 2003, 09:30 PM
well, my question is that if i dont plug up the Evap Purge Power AND Evap Purge Solenoid , will i have vtec????? and where is that located on the b16 motor

Evap has nothing to do with vtec. What model civic do you have? Niether does the o2, but here is how if it is a VX, and the same theory applies for other models, just without repinning the one wire.

92b16vx, what are you talking about?? can you clear things up. i have a 95 civic. can you please HElP. thanks for all the reply

Originally posted by b16eg@Aug 26 2003, 01:19 AM
92b16vx, what are you talking about?? can you clear things up. i have a 95 civic. can you please HElP. thanks for all the reply

Oops, forgot the link HERE is the link, but this is for the o2 and it is VX specific, but the principle is the same, just don't move the 12v. Also there is a link to a pinout that can help you. but beware sometimes wires change colors at the canon plugs so make sure to trace them by finding the color on the motor side of the harness) and then matching it to the ECU side then finding it in the ECU plug. Of course we still have no idea what model you have Si, VX, CX, DX, etc... that info is helpful, because then we can diagnose knowing what needs to be done for that model. Does the motor rev fully with the P28? If so your P30 may be bad.

Back