1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 internals and turbo

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 1Twin1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. 1Twin1

1Twin1 Junior Member

ok heres the deal i am buying a toda stroker kit for my crx b16a1 and the compression after this is 10:8.1 and i was wonder ing what if its ok to add as turbo to it but i believe i need lower compression and i dont know how to do that plz help

2. tloc

tloc New Member

U can get low compression pistion like 9.0:1 or somewhere in that area or just get a larger head gasket.

3. formby

formby learning in progress

10.8:1 is okay specially if its forged. just TUNE on a dyno and buy the right injector size, and use good/high octane gas. i would buy a wideband and i would keep it in the car all the time, not just for tuning

however the best area to be in if you are going FI is 8.8:1-9.8:1 depending on size and type of engine. on hondas the 9range does good like tloc said. call cometic and get a thicker HG and ARP head studs

4. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

lol i did not think anyone would ever buy that lol. imo stroking is for n/a, just sleving an engine will bring up the displacement if you bore it out. i dont think your going to buy it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted