1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 into 4 dr civic dx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b16dx4dr, May 19, 2004.

1. b16dx4dr

b16dx4dr Junior Member

hey ya'll ive got a 91 civic dx, and a 90 crx w/a b16 in it. not long ago the crx was wrecked and the body is trashed. but the motor and tranny and all that is fine. i wanted to know what i'd need to do a swap into the civic. i will also have to do a transmission swap from auto to manual. any help i can get would be awesome.

also ive been told that the civic and crx are the same from the dash to the front bumper, and that crx aftermarket front bumper kits will fit the civic. can anyone confirm this for me?

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

1. You need to convert from DPFI to MPFI and then you drop in the engine like you did with the CRX

2. CRX bumper will NOT fit a civic. They have the same engine bay, but they have different bumpers, head lights, fenders, and hoods.

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

just use everything, including the harness, from the rex with the b16 and you won't have to convert it, and no you cannot use a civic bumper on a rex

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted