B16 Into 91 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iluvmyCRX

I just swapped in a B16 into my 91 CRX DX last weekend and Ive got a few problems I cant figure out. First off there is a bad vibration, but not a constant one. Someone told me it was the polyurethane Hasport motor mounts, but I just wanna find out for sure. Any ideas will help. And also my battery light has come on, but its not my alternator, anyone else have this problem?? Help me out.

Ok now what about the battery light? It isn't on all the time, just most of the time. I just need a guess on what it could be. Could it be a sensor? I got a check at O'Reily's and they said the alternator was fine, so I just need some info.

Double check all your grounds. A bad ground can cause the charging system not to act right.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 15 2003, 11:56 PM
Double check all your grounds. A bad ground can cause the charging system not to act right.

also you could check to see if your alternator belt is even on tight enough...now about the vibration...does it happen at idle...when you drive??? if it vibrates at idle, check to see if your timing is off...if it vibrates while you drive...more than likely you have a bad intermediate shaft

well its gonna rattle no matter what and everything will rattle after a while. theres nothing to worry about. after a year of plac racing mounts in my car, almost everything has rattled loose on the interior of my car.

i know u said u have the Hasport mounts..but ive got the Place Racing mounts 91 Civic w/B16A and i was the same way after i got the motor installed..the mounts do give off some serious vibrations..

hey i have a 1991 civic 4door with the b16a with hasport mounts and i have the same problem. i think its just cuz the so stiff !

Back