1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Into 91 Crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by iluvmyCRX, May 15, 2003.

1. iluvmyCRX

iluvmyCRX Junior Member

I just swapped in a B16 into my 91 CRX DX last weekend and Ive got a few problems I cant figure out. First off there is a bad vibration, but not a constant one. Someone told me it was the polyurethane Hasport motor mounts, but I just wanna find out for sure. Any ideas will help. And also my battery light has come on, but its not my alternator, anyone else have this problem?? Help me out.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The HAsport mounts vibrate in their own words "pretty bad".

3. iluvmyCRX

iluvmyCRX Junior Member

Ok now what about the battery light? It isn't on all the time, just most of the time. I just need a guess on what it could be. Could it be a sensor? I got a check at O'Reily's and they said the alternator was fine, so I just need some info.

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Double check all your grounds. A bad ground can cause the charging system not to act right.

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

also you could check to see if your alternator belt is even on tight enough...now about the vibration...does it happen at idle...when you drive??? if it vibrates at idle, check to see if your timing is off...if it vibrates while you drive...more than likely you have a bad intermediate shaft

6. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

well its gonna rattle no matter what and everything will rattle after a while. theres nothing to worry about. after a year of plac racing mounts in my car, almost everything has rattled loose on the interior of my car.

7. JrSiRb16A

JrSiRb16A Senior Member

i know u said u have the Hasport mounts..but ive got the Place Racing mounts 91 Civic w/B16A and i was the same way after i got the motor installed..the mounts do give off some serious vibrations..

8. whiteboyscivic

whiteboyscivic Junior Member

hey i have a 1991 civic 4door with the b16a with hasport mounts and i have the same problem. i think its just cuz the so stiff !

9. sooboss

sooboss Senior Member

same here vibrates like hell

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted