b16 into civic 1996 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

firma211ps

need info about swap b16 into civic 1996 dx non vtech. will jamper conversion harness obd 1 to obd 2 will do the job or i need to add vtech harnes...pls help with this wiring info?

b16 swap

thanks for the replay....much help. but i stil kinda counfiuse..if i use jumper conversion harnes...obd1 to obd2. do i'm gona need to use both ecu..or just obd1 ecu and the jumper harness just for conversion to the chassis harness?plug and go.

If you are going the obd1 route you will need to use an obd1 ecu, I think you might want a p30, not to sure though. Then you will need to get an obd2a to obd1 conversion harness. connect the stock harness to the conversion harness and then into the obd1 ecu. You will have to add some wires, just look at the link I posted and that should show you everything you need to add.

b16 swap/wiring

thanks alot for the info really appruciated....but the schematic poinout that you gave me is stiil gona applay if i'm using obd 1 ecu(p30) or not? and so you sad on second post even after using jamper wire harnes conversion i do still need to add same wire? can you pls expln it what wire that would be and where do i need to connected?

Last edited:
I got very overwhelmed at first with the wiring when I did my swap, but after I looked into it and bought a chilton manual, everything went by really easy. If you dont have a chilton or haynes get one. I'm still a newbie but I will give you the best answers I can. First you will get the conversion harness and on the input side of the harness act like that is your obd2 ecu. I know you will need to add the vtec wire, and you will need to do the 2-wire to 3-wire IACV fix (there are steps to do that on that link I posted). But remember all your wiring will be done to the clips that plug into your conversion harness. You will have to pull the pins out of the stock wire plugs on your wiring harness, and relocate them in the correct pin locations. Hopefully that helps.

Back