1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 into ek

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by qtmac_mien, Jan 1, 2005.

1. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

im about to swap in my jdm b16 sir2 into my ek in a few days and i was wonderin if anyone who has done it can give me some idea of wut sensors and other stuff i have to re-wire besides the vtec. i already got all the stuff like hydro to cable converson, jumper harness obd2-obd1 and im goin to use a p28..need some ideas so i can get it done quicker

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

well why did you get the hydro cable conver if you got a SIR2? i have a b16a2 in my 97 lx i used my stock harness, the stock injectors, my stock ac with the hasport backet, avid mounts because the mounts that come with the engine don't fit on the driver side

[​IMG]

besides that you are going to have to do the wiring for the iavc

[​IMG]

your also going to have to buy a dizzy from a 98-98 integra i got the one from a gsr and besides that i think you are good to go i didn't have to do much as far as wiring, you will have a couple of plugs that will not plug in on your stock harness to the b16 but you will be good make sure you have the wiring diagram and you should be fine good luck if you need any more help let me know

3. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

Sorry forgot to mention i have the cable tranny instead of hydro..also everything on my motor is converted into obd1 and not obd2..

4. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ok i am confused :unsure: your car is a 96-98? if so you need to convert everything to obd2a. ok well what ever you are using, make sure you use your stock harness and use your stock injectors (all B and D series engines are 240cc injectors) and for what ever obd your car is make sure you get the dizzy for your obd not the engine!

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

In other words get a OBD II distributor, for a B series vtec, like a GSRs, or ITRs.

6. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

I have a Obd1 dizzy..will that work??

7. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

if your car is obd2 then no it will not work but if it is obd1 it will you are going to need an obd2 dizzy because when you use the obd convetion it will match it right up for you

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

No, you car is OBD II.

9. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

it still wouldnt work even tho i have the obd1 ecu and the obd1 plugs??

10. Nick7

Nick7 Member

It can work if you do it the hard way -> OBD1 ECU, OBD1 plugs, dizzy, etc.. OBD1 engine wire harness, OBD1 underdash+underhood fusebox.
    After that you have lots of rewiring to connect dashboard, and everything else (lighs, turn signals, etc, etc....).

Do yourself a favour, get OBD2 dizzy, and stick to it. If you want to use OBD1 ECU, ose OBD2->OBD1 conveter harness.

11. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

damn that sucks i guess i aint gettin my motor done nemore since i aint got the obd2 dizzy..wut year gsr dizzy do i need?? which connector will ineed to plug the dizzy?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted