b16 missing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16efhatch

I got my b16 running in my crx and now it kind of misses at part throttle but fixes at full throttle. I have new plugs bosch platinum+2. New cap/rotor, running 91 octane, 2" open exhaust right past shifter. What is it like when detonation happens? Would the bosch plugs affect the b16 since stock were NGK? I need any help getting it running right. When I go full throttle it doesnt do it. Please help. Thanks

get NGK Spark plugs...the bosch's blow ass. get some new wires preferably OEM. Get a new 02 sensor and make sure the motor is in time, mechanically and electrically. you should be good to go.

this might be related to your o2 sensors

are you running 2 o2 sensors? was the ecu you got with ur moter made for 2?

to test and see if it is.. unplug ur o2 sensors and reset your ecu and see if it still happens

I changed to ngk and it still does it. I have the pr3 that looks for 2 o2 sensors and they are both hooked up, Maybe I have a bad o2 sensor??

Originally posted by b16efhatch@Apr 18 2005, 09:34 PM
I changed to ngk and it still does it. I have the pr3 that looks for 2 o2 sensors and they are both hooked up, Maybe I have a bad o2 sensor??
[post=488515]Quoted post[/post]​

mine did this as well with my pr3 but for some reason the o2 sensors were backwards
i switched them and it worked fine(just switched the wires)

just try and unplug them and see how your car runs when there unpluged. make sure you reset your ecu

Originally posted by HONDA_F1+Apr 18 2005, 10:56 PM-->
b16efhatch
@Apr 18 2005, 09:34 PM
[post=488515]Quoted post[/post]​

mine did this as well with my pr3 but for some reason the o2 sensors were backwards
i switched them and it worked fine(just switched the wires)

just try and unplug them and see how your car runs when there unpluged. make sure you reset your ecu
[post=488562]Quoted post[/post]​

It would still accelerate good when you would give it alot of gas?

Originally posted by HONDA_F1@Apr 20 2005, 11:16 PM
yes it would be good at WOT

at around 10-35% or less throttle is where i think the problem was worst
[post=489472]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool Ill try that today, and hopefully it will work.

Back