1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 mounts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Will, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Will

Will New Member

noob questions. Are all B-series engine mount positon the same? For example a B16 from EG6 will drop nicely into EF9 chasis?

The reason being I am able to get a EF9 half cut and I want to drop in a B18B engine (94-95 (LS) Long Block). Yes, I know it would be better to use the B16 instead.

But due the strict law in the country against swapping of engine, I figured that since B18B has the valve cover design as my current D16A9(88-91 CIVIC SI Asia), therefore a lower chance of being caught when the local authorities decides to pop my bonnet.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. wagovanb16man

wagovanb16man i

I'm pretty sure that the EF mounts are different from EG. Probably won't line up properly.

3. 90b16ed

90b16ed New Member

Correct. The EG is the same is the DC.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  4. Will

Will New Member

thanx for the reply

Another question, with the half cut for EF9 and I wish to swap over B162 engine, I will just need to get the (EFB2)Engine mount kit from Hasport and the drive-shaft from a EG6 without the need of getting the shift link from Hasport?

5. 90b16ed

90b16ed New Member

You're going to need to get a new shiftlinkage either way you go. What you need for the B16 to swap into the ED/EF (88-91 civic/crx) is the following:

-B16 Mounts, either Hasport or other brand
    -Hasport Shiftlinkage or other brand
    -Depending on what model civic/crx you have you need to get new knuckles and axles. To either civic/crx dx or si, or if you're going to do a brake upgrade to DA integra (90-91) then you can get it all while you're getting that.
    -The halfshaft from an integra (90-91)

Now this is all depending on what model civic/crx you have. The STD civic and HF crx has smaller splindles on the knuckles, so the axles that you need to run aren't going to fit. Civic/Crx's don't have halfshafts so you're going to need to get one.

Hope that helps, Don.

6. Will

Will New Member

Thanx for the reply, instead of using brakes and halfshaft from the integra, can use one from the EG with a B16 engine?

7. wagovanb16man

wagovanb16man i

Don't forget you'll need the rear tranny mount and bolts as well..

8. 90b16ed

90b16ed New Member

yeaup, that needs to be from a 90-91 integra as well.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted