b16 no power at all... top speed 60, have to floor it and slip clutch to move

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

isenegger

first off im new to the honda scene. this is my buddy's car that im working on and trying to fix. this 1993 hatch car had a d15. bought another hatch with a "b16a2" from japan. the car it came from ran just fine, plenty of power and what-not. another guy did the swap and swapped the engines around. so now the d15 has the b16 and vise virsa. ok.. the car with the new b16 ran, like crap. and the guy said it needed the knock sensor wired up and a new vtec solonid and it would run good. knock was wired up, solonid changed and didnt fix. vtec kicks in after about a min in 1st. the comp is a p30. i have a chipped p28 that im going to try in there and see what happens. im also going to check the firing order and see how it is. but is there anything else i should check? i would extremely appricate it if i can get this car running like it should.... thanks!

Does the motor ref fine when the car is in nuteral?

If its all sorts of rev happy then the answere lies in the trans somewhere.

I would Try the Diff ECU ... or see about another P30 maybe that 1 is dead. Also have you checked the Cam Timing and maybe had someone in the car rev the motor while you were outside under the hood listing. I beleive around 5k V -Tec should engage , also is the wiring a V-Tec harness????? If its the old D15 then that mite explain a few things. Take a look and let us know.. maybe some pics would be nice as well.

Back