1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 on ls tranny

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ls_pwr, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ls_pwr

ls_pwr Junior Member

hi i'm new here, i tried to search but had a lil tuble. so i'm gona ask here. i'm thinking to buy a 94-95 integra, since GSR's are sorta hard to find i'l proly end up with a ls.so my ? is this is it posible to mate a B16A 92-95 (SiR-II) Long Block motor with the ls tranny?are there any drawbacks in this "SWAP"will i need a B16 ecu and harness?will this be a direct fit?sorry to bug you with all these ??? please give me some info on this. thank you in advance

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yes, the swap is pretty direct, you can even use the LS mounts, axles and shiftlinkage. Yes you will need the B16A ECU, but for simplicity sake use the LS harness, and just add the vtec and knock wires.

However, the B16A lacks the torque already to move the heavy LS, and coupled with the long geared LS tranny it will be a very disappointing swap. IMO, you be better off keeping the LS for now, and saving for either a B18C1 or B18C5, or turning you attention to boost.

3. ls_pwr

ls_pwr Junior Member

thanks dude :worthy: that is realy good info.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted