B16 or b18a for 91 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Da Hatch

Ok i think i have made my mind i want a b18a for my Civic because I want to go turbo.Does any one know where I can find b18a with tranny and what the price range I should pay for one.Can I use the transmission from the b18a in my car or would I have to find another one. Since my Civic is a SI is it going to be easyer to swap the b18a in my car with lil to no problems. I already know that i need mounts I was going to go with hasport for that. What else is needed any other info or what u know will be helpful thanks.

Motor,tranny,axles,ecu,shiftlinkage all from the integra,and mounts which you already said your getting from hasport.As for price,it really depends on where you live.I wouldnt pay more than like $600-$700 for a swap but you may even be able to get it cheaper.

you MIGHT be able to get a b18a from hmotorsonline.com, but youll have to call and talk with steve.

you can also contact www.jdm-online.com (check the banner rotation) and talk to nesar. he might be able to hook you up too.

thats why i told him to CALL steve. they dont list h22 auto transmissions on the website, but you can still get them.

Im about to do a h22a swap into my 1991 integra. Im pulling the B18A motor next week. If interested pm.

this plan might be smashed i am just going to go with a bang b16a and call it a day i just cant go with out vtec. so i realy think i am going with my first idea b16a swap.

Go for the b16a SiRII from this site JDM - Japan General Motors, Inc., its where i got mine, i put it into a 95 civ, they are great little engines, look around too on this site, you might find something in your price range, ill tell ya what you need when you can decide on an engine

If he gets that motor hes also going to have to change to obd1.For the $450 difference he could change the obd0 b16 to obd1 and still have money.So i suggest buying the obd0 b16 and either staying obd0 but if you want obd1 just convert yourself for less than $450

true, that why i said he should look around, cause its possible to run those ecu's but hes gonna want to go with somethin from his year or his ecu

Back