b16 or d16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrbossmann123

i have a 1987 integra ls with the dohc d16a1 and it has about 200,000 iles on it. i am considering doing a swap, possibly for a first generation b16 but i more familiar with v8's than imports. so im looking for either a list/step by step on how to accomplish that swap or should i just get the d16a1 rebuilt and mod it?

Step 1:
Take car to local import shop
Step 2:
write them a check for 20k
Step 3:
Pick up your car 2 weeks later
Step 4:
Beat everything in your area

you know there is a search button and there are tons of differnt swaps you can look up and you just gotta find the one that fits what you wanna do with your car as far as boost or n/a goes.
b series is best
but d series are cheap to mod

What is your budget? Lets start there.

complete b16a swap is around that price
but you do need the mounts and the shift linkage and that should be it

or you can do a b18b and eventually go ls/vtec

you could do an ls swap for around 1600 probably even be mounts and linkage included

thank you for thesuggestions but like i said, i am notfamiliar with imports so im not sure what an ls is? any links to where they are sold or what they are?

An Integra LS engine is either a B18a1, which comes from the 90-93 Integras (I think I'm somewhat right on those years and the B18b which comes from 94+.

i have a 95 civic ex i never done a swap before can somebody tell me how can i do a d series to a b16 swap and what do i need to do

Back