b16 piston

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
hey i got a gsr motor in my 92 civic si. i also have a set of b16 pistons in good condition laying around. i know that if i put them in , it will give me a boost of compression but will they fit my rods? what will i have to do to make them work? :unsure: :unsure:

B16A - Shim off 1mm of material on outside of small end

B16B - direct fit

I recoommend a true hone. bluprint first to see if you need an overbore.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Jul 4 2004, 01:08 AM
B16A - Shim off 1mm of material on outside of small end

B16B - direct fit

I recoommend a true hone. bluprint first to see if you need an overbore.

ummmm no. its not a direct fit for the b16b because the b16b has the same rod characteristics as the itr and gsr. it also shares the same block as the itr and gsr. the difference is that it has a shorter stroke, longer rods, and higher dome pistons. and if he was trying to put the pistons in a b16 block then it would be a direct replacement. but hes not even asking that, hes asking about putting b16 pistons in a gsr block.

the pistons will physically fit the rods, but they have too much space between the rod and the piston since the piston end of the gsr rods are skinnier then that of the b16 rods. i would think this would cause some unneeded movement. maybe it works fine though.

Back