b16 pistons in a d16 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guessn

ok a few of my friends and i are going to build a bastered motor just to find out what will work and what wont work. i want to know if b16 pistons will fit in a d16 block.or if you have anyother info that could help us.

No, you can't fit B-series pistons in a D-series block, no matter what. According to GE, the biggest you can bore and/or sleeve a D-series block to is either 78 or 79mm(can't remember which, but it's irrelevant here). Because a stock B-series piston is 81mm, you simply CANNOT put B-series pistons in a D-series block.

Period. End of story.

Quoted post[/post]]
No, you can't fit B-series pistons in a D-series block, no matter what. According to GE, the biggest you can bore and/or sleeve a D-series block to is either 78 or 79mm(can't remember which, but it's irrelevant here). Because a stock B-series piston is 81mm, you simply CANNOT put B-series pistons in a D-series block.

Period. End of story.
thank you we have been trying to find out for some time now and you have been the only one that could help. much thanks and if you have any other info on what we could do to build this bastered motor please let me know

no. bore sizes are way off. b16 are 81mm and d-series are 75mm IIRC.

Wanna have some fun with a D-series? Eagle rods, 12:1 pistons, slap on a turbo kit, and learn to tune.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....high compression + boost is where it's at. It's all in the tuning.

Quoted post[/post]]
Wanna have some fun with a D-series? Eagle rods, 12:1 pistons, slap on a turbo kit, and learn to tune.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....high compression + boost is where it's at. It's all in the tuning.
i under stand that but you see we have some of us who are already boosted and some with ls vtech and some with just d series. we want to build a bastered motor naturaly asperated just to see what we can come up with. it is just to find out what can be done and what cant.

DrEvil3.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
DrEvil3.jpg
i wasnt trying to be rude or anything i am just asking for some in put not some smart ass remarks.if you cant help me that is fine but dont put me down.we are all honda guys and sometimes we need help that is why we come here. so if you or anyone else can help me i would gladly thank you

haha good luck trying to get some answers out of wil without a smartass undertone to it. I don't think I've ever seen it happen... and I talked to him on AIM for 2 hours earlier.

yeah really what the hell where you thinkin bro it's not like this forum is all about people helpin each other or anything. next time i guess just keep your questions to yourself.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah really what the hell where you thinkin bro it's not like this forum is all about people helpin each other or anything. next time i guess just keep your questions to yourself.

What the FUCK? I answered his FUCKING question in my first post.

Who the fuck are you? You aren't fucking contributing ANYTHING to this thread. Fuck off, shitbag.

Back