b16 problem in eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16eg

well, my question is that if i dont plug up the Evap Purge Power AND Evap Purge Solenoid , will i have vtec????? and where are these located on the b16 motor . my car is working but no vtec.

also if i plug up a p28 in, will vtec work with the soch vtec ecu. and if i plug the p30 in, is it suppose to work the same as the p28 but better???

Evap purge doesn't affect vtec, and the P28 will run the B16, but the P30 is better.

why does my car dont have vtec??? its a 95. what might be the reasons???

Originally posted by b16eg@Aug 26 2003, 01:24 AM
why does my car dont have vtec??? its a 95. what might be the reasons???

A 95 what? DX, Si, CX, VX, EX? Did you run vtec wires? Did you run the knock? have you gone through the wiring harness and checked everything three times? Have you tried trouble shooting the solenoid? cleaning the screen in the solenoid? IS your car give you a CEL (Check Engine Light)? If so what is it, is it a 22, or 21? Is your speedometer working right? Do you have oil in your car, the right amount?

how do i trouble shoot and what does it do?? codes i am getting are 10, 41, and sometimes in a long time a 21will pop up but thats when i change ecus. what the right amount of oil.

Originally posted by b16eg@Sep 3 2003, 02:36 AM
how do i trouble shoot and what does it do?? codes i am getting are 10, 41, and sometimes in a long time a 21will pop up but thats when i change ecus. what the right amount of oil.

Man....Just use 4.5 quarts..most people just drop 4 quarts in. RUn with ur p28 it doesnt call for the knock sensor...

i have a 95 vx. i check my car today and i was getting a cel 21 on it with p30 but i check it every so offen and it sometimes comes on and sometime off. will timing cause the problem???

Are still getting the 41, if so here is a fix for it, https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=14242, as far as the 21 is a problem with the vtec solenoid valve, either it is defective, or the wiring between it and the ECU is faulty. You need to check for continuity between the plug on the solenoid and the ECU at all the junctions, when you find the junction that has no continuity then you have to replace fix the line beteen there and the ECU or solenoid.

Back