b16 problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i have a 91 crx si with a b16a swap. a few weeks ago my check engin light came on. when i got home i started trying to find out whar code 1 was on the pr3( the pe3 is mine's vx-rom). i had no luck online so i tryed to take it to a shop but once they looked at my car they wouldn't even touch it and just told me i needed new struts. but now when im going down the high way and let say im doing a bill. at about a bill 5 it starts boging down and check engin light returns and has no acceleration at all after 105mph. so my car has been grounded untill i can get it fixed. can anyone please help me out

I had a simmilar problem with my gsr hatch (0bd1). I was getting the same problem you speak of, and code 1 (which is primary o2 for obd1 too). The o2 sensor looked fine, and it ended up being an unplugged IAT (intake air temp) sensor on the intake manifold that came off. I plugged it back in, and the problem went away.

Back