b16 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 4 2003, 07:36 PM
maybe your timing is off a little,also get a new dis cap/rotor then get a new fuel filter and a tune-up..check your battery

i dunno guys, its all hooked up right, except for maybe the purge solenoi,d but people have been saying thats only for emissions......so i dunno, but i did plug the holes, so its not sucking shit in. However if you guys think i should give it some vacuum i'll grab some T's and connect them, other than that i'll have to have my connector tested. Anything else u guys can help me out with. Plus i just did the swap, all the ignition wires and shit is new, i just did a tuneup. Also my map sensor is on the firewall, right next to the purge solenoid and fuel regulator solenoid.

if you need the MAP sensor I have one, private message me and we can talk about it.

well guys guess what i found......i was at autozone picking up some vacuum lines and shit, and i found a hole in my vacuum line going to the IM from my fuel regulator solenoid. So i'm gonna go ahead and replace that and hook up my purge solenoid to the charcoal canister like its supposed to be, so i will have everything hooked up. Other than that if that doesn't work, i'm gonna try replacing my map sensor, hopefully i got someone getting me one, if not 1990racer i'll take urs, thanks, and any other tips would be appreciated.

Back