b16 rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Ok, I have searched for quite some time to find out the information that I need, but I have not found anything.
Here are my questions....
I'm ordering my b16 for my 88 crx dx soon, probably within about a week.
What exactly do I need? I'm gettin the complete changeover from hmo, I know i need the hubs along with the hasport mounts and linkage, what else exatly do i need? I will send my dx harness away to someone to get it built for mpfi. Do i need any random things like radiator hoses or little things like that?

you need an upper radiator hose from a 91 integra or 92-95 civic.

You dont need new hubs. You need intermediate shafts from a 90-91 teg.

Is this a first gen B16 swap or 2nd gen? In other words, what ecu is coming with it?

then, you shouldnt need anythign else. Does your crx have a resistor box? The only other modification you will need to make is you have to bang the engine bay where the alternator is so it doesnt hit, but thast easy, and free.

Make sure you buy a new timing belt, water pump and other basic tune up items before you install the motor.

Resistor box? wouldn't that be included when i send my dx harness away to get built?
I plan on doing clutch/flywheel/timing belt/water pump/plugs/plug wires all at once.

I thought that the dx crx was aka Standard? i mean, i don't have an Si or an HF, so.....?
My rex is a 5 speed therefore it is a dx correct?
Now what about the resistor box?
When i send my dx harness to someone to built it, either rywire or hasport will that be included (resistor box) ?

If it doesn't have a thing on the back saying its HF or Si, then you have a DX (unless someone replaced the rear pass-side curved thingy). You don't need a resistor box. B-series and D-series use the same injectors.

edit - DX DOES NOT = STD. Civic STD hatches came with 4-spd trannies and had the smaller axles like the HF. Si hubs = DX hubs = the ones you need, so don't go wasting money on other hubs. As long as you have a 5-spd thats not an HF, you're good.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 10 2005, 01:52 PM

Now what about the resistor box?
When i send my dx harness to someone to built it, either rywire or hasport will that be included (resistor box) ?
[post=497505]Quoted post[/post]​

1. your crx already has a resistor box and if your going to stay obd0 then just use the one you already have.
2. rywire is cheaper than hasport and does a excellent job, I would recommend sending your wiring to rywire, get on rywires website and contact them if you have any questions about the wiring harness, excellent customer support

Thanks man, ill prob go with rywire, i plan on gettin the old d15 out of the crx come this weekend, i should have the engine hoist by then.

crx dx does not have a resistor box. you need one off of an si or teg ls. DX has dpfi which is dual point fuel injection, meaning 2 injectors. Get an si resistor box for the pgmfi swap, you could probably find one on ebay.

Ya a dx does not have a resistor box, I had to add it to mine to convert it over to MPFI, unless there is something different about putting a b series in there your going to need it. It looks like a heat sink, usually goes near the firewall on the drivers side of the car under the hood.

Originally posted by cheese9988@May 11 2005, 10:00 AM
unless there is something different about putting a b series in there your going to need it.
[post=497830]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, make your motor odb1

Back