b16 running rough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my b16 timing is good ecu is good dpfi to mpfi wiring is good idles fine when i give it gas it sound like my timing is retarded it revs then around 4000 to 4500 rpm it sound like its redlining it just running stupid i think it might be my distributor but how do i check if its dat tps is hooked up all sensors and could it be a ground or sumthin???

Originally posted by superstreetb16@Apr 7 2005, 07:59 AM
7 put i think its that its not getting enough fuel in the upper rpm it idles fine and breaks up around 4000 rpm
[post=484096]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait, so it wont rev past 4.5k?

yea when it get to like 4000 rpm to 4500 rpm its like it redlines i guess i have a fuel problem but im not sure.. i dont know if it my distributor i put a new module and coil still the same some 1 told me to but carburator start fluid in my intake manifold to see if i have the same problem i might do dat today but i need help with this 1

dude, wtf is that supposed to mean? If your're going to be a retard, just don't post.

As for the topic at hand, try replacing your TPS. You should be albe to get one from any OBD0 honda. That MAY fix your problem, but its a good idea to fix any ECU errors. Are you sure you arn't thowing any other codes?

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 7 2005, 10:32 AM
dude, wtf is that supposed to mean? If your're going to be a retard, just don't post.

As for the topic at hand, try replacing your TPS. You should be albe to get one from any OBD0 honda. That MAY fix your problem, but its a good idea to fix any ECU errors. Are you sure you arn't thowing any other codes?
[post=484143]Quoted post[/post]​

You can also take a volt meter and measure it the TPS should be 4.5 volt at wide open throttle. Do it with the car not running but power on.

what ecu are you running vs chassis/motor tps - yes run the volt meter -

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 7 2005, 10:32 AM

[post=484143]Quoted post[/post]​

dude,wheres my car?

anyways,b16's are cool.

Originally posted by superstreetb16@Apr 8 2005, 07:14 AM
YES VERY COOL
[post=484569]Quoted post[/post]​

well im glad u can take a joke,and dont try to act all tough on the internet like your friend in this thread.

Back