B16 SHORTBLOCK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YES, LOTS OF PEOPLE. JUST BOLT IT UP AND GO, BUT MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING THE GSR ECU OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE SECONDARY BUTTERFLIES IN THE INTAKE MANIFOLD.

OH YEAH, YOU MIGHT WANT TO TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!

sorry bout the caps...

i am puttin it in my gsr.... do you know of any performance gains or losses that i should expect?

You'll gain a tiny bit more compression- but it's pretty insignificant, like about 0.2:1 more. You might gain a tad bit more power (not really) from the compression increase, but that's about all the added performance you're going to get from swapping to a B18C head. Just keep your B16A head unless you absolutely have to replace it.

No way, you're losing a lot of torque by switching to the 1.6 block.

well i will tell you how my build up go's i am doing a b16a2 with a gsr head on it for a turbo... i do not know how it is going to do but ill keep every one posted on it ..... :D :ph34r:

why the hell would you go through all the removal/installation work FOR A SMALLER BLOCK?? i don't understand it.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 24 2004, 10:16 PM
fuck 1.6's :D

well fuck you too! :)

actually, next week i'm supposed to be swapping in the 1.8 into the del slow so i can't say much, hehe

but why on earth did you take out your gsr block to replace it with the b16 block? and yes you would need the b16 timing belt because the ITR, gsr, and LS have a taller deck height over the b16.

im puttin it on because my origional block cracked... and i dont have the money to buy a gsr block...

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Mar 26 2004, 10:09 PM
im puttin it on because my origional block cracked... and i dont have the money to buy a gsr block...

then why not get a ls b18a block? you could have done a bad ass ls vtec. you could have used the ls crank, rods and your gsr pistons. that with the gsr head and you would have had a better motor than before with way mor torque. ls=$200 machining=$100 (honing, pistons on rods). all the torque you can handle= priceless :)

Back