b16 sir 2 boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drcivicb2

i have a 93 coupe with a b16a sir 2 swap no lsd trans that i want to drop a full race stage 2 or maybe 3 turbo kit on a stock b16 for now on 8 lbs. boost and i plan on getting the s300 hondata tuning package but if anybody can give me a heads up to see if its worth it or go all motor????but i might go turbo but tell me what you guys think.....

If you are careful and don't get to greedy I would always use a turbo. I'm running one now and its just a matter of being careful. Its a lot easier to make hp with a turbo then NA. And cheaper in the long run.

all motor is just as expensive as boosting, the difference is if you want a sweet top end with a turbo or a more linear power curve going all motor ( i know this is a generalization but guessing on his budget it would be about right comparing the two)

Just like all motor, if your going to boost you need to have all the fuel supporting mods and money to get it tuned by a professional if you can. You could read up and take a crack at tuning it yourself, but then you would take the risk of seeing that awesome swap you just threw in go pop if you dont know what your doing.

1) dont worry about what "psi" you are going to run, the psi you can safely run is a biproduct of A) your turbo B) your setup C) octane D) tuner. Dont set a psi goal, set a hp goal.

2)hondata s300 is a good choice if you have the money, but if you are near a tuner who does Neptune, go with that hands down. Otherwise there are cheaper alternatives out there such as crome, uberdata etc (search about it)

3)a full race kit is definatly the best out there for the money but you pay out the nose. How much do you have to spend?
A) is the sky the limit? then go right ahead, put in a clutch that can handle some power and an lsd while your at it. Buy a full race kit, take it to someone like Jeff Evans who tunes neptune and crack out an easy 300hp on a stock b16. (see his site Welcome to Evans Tuning! for examples under the dyno graph section etc)
B) are you on a limited budget? then spend where it counts. Get the right size injectors, fuel pump, engine management and a tune. You can piece together a decent turbo kit for around a grand if you hunt deals on ebay and hondamarketplace.com and the wonderful classifieds here on hondaswap. Knowing how to weld and do some fab work yourself (charge pipes, downpipe etc) helps cut costs.

so after all my rambling to get to your real question do i think its worth it? Yeah sure why the hell not. All motor on a bseries is the expensive way to go slow. K series, now thats a different story ;)

i atleast will have hopefully 6 gs and that should be able to get me thru all this mods.lol.. but yeah

Back