b16 sir2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

old Skuul Hatch

Im going to do the sir2 swap into my 93 ex.Its an auto now and I dont want to do the auto to manual swap.

What auto tranny should I use??

Gabe

Originally posted by old Skuul Hatch@Nov 22 2004, 07:33 PM
Im going to do the sir2 swap into my 93 ex.Its an auto now and I dont want to do the auto to manual swap.

What auto tranny should I use??

Gabe
[post=420779]Quoted post[/post]​

a honda auto tranny the M24A pretty common transmission.
Thats what I have and it handles the 8200 rpm redline very well. Just be warned there are a few more tricks you have to do to install an automatic sir2 into an EG. Like modify passenger side motor mount, modify power steering hoses, AC hoses. Make sure to couple the auto tranny with the manual block version of the sir2 (to achieve max HP)

in the us, you have one option- the LS tranny. its the only b-series autocraptic here.
japans has auto GSR's, auto SiR's. take your pick- they are all autos, so the performance aspect is just gone anyway

When you order your B16A just specify that you want a auto B16A or auto GSR tranny, most imports should have a few sitting around since most people want manuals anyway.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 23 2004, 08:27 PM
Why would you swap if you were going auto? It defeats the purpose of having more power.....
[post=421112]Quoted post[/post]​

Because even an auto B16A is a lot faster than an auto D16Z6. You can add cams plus all the other goodies, and have a nice quick little ride.

quite personally, If I had a 10 second Honda.....I wouldn't want it to be anything else than an automatic. A built automatic transmission can change gears in a fraction of the time it takes for a human to change the gear (and potentially fuck up in the process).

Just my .02

Back