B16 Siri Into A 6th Gen Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wtc7676

Can it be done? I am also converting from auto to manual so the cable transmission shouldn't be a problem.

If it can be done, does anyone know what all i will need to do.

thanks,

Will

it cant be done legally
and wiring issues will have you wanting to kill yourself

make it easier on yourself and get a B16A2. it came out of the 1996-1997 Del Sol Vtec and 1999-2000 Civic Si. it'll all be legal cuz it a USDM motor and they're all OBD2, this means it'll be plug-n-play, and the motor will more than likely be from a newer car than yours. problem solved. :D

You asking for a world of shit putting a 4th gen civic motor in a 6th gen.Converting the OBD,entire shifting system,not to mention the wiring between a 6th gen auto and a 4th gen stick is going to destroy your mind,also I believe you will come into some axles problems.Why,why,why?If you are going into it knowing it won't be on the road for a LONG time,and it is going to cost you probably three times as much as I assume you think you're saving by going with a cheaper 1st gen motor,then more power to you.

it is not actually mine...A guy has the motor and has the car...but no money!

I just wanted to know if it was possible and if it was, has anyone out there done it before?

thanks

Will

Anything can be done,but it is not worth it.Does he have the just the motor or a complete swap?Does he have all the nescessary parts to do the tranny conversion?Is he prepared to customize anything that doesn't bolt right in?Can he sanely deal with the wiring nightmare that is OBD 0 motor in OBD II car?Does he have a way around the laws regaurding swapping a older motor into a newer car (if such laws are applicable in his area)?

Back