B16 SiRII Expectations?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

solutionzero

What kind of 1/4 mile times could i expect from a b16a SiRII engine in a 92-95 hatch or coupe? Say I add an exhaust, cold air intake, and a few suspension mods? Could I get into the low 15's or lower? Thanks.

stock 99-00 si's run a 15.7 (according to importlounge.com)

99-00 si's weigh 2612

a stock 92-95 dx hatch weighs 2178

you do the math.

except for the fact that the 99-00 si's didnt have an sirII

dammit...i misread it

still, that should be about accurate

somewhere in the 15's

how about you do it. you put all those mods on. then go the track and find out :)

seriously dude, we cant tell you. we have no idea of how well a driver you are, your elevation, your cars weight, the exact power output to the wheels of your engine, and so on..... just too many variables dude.

basically, do it yourself, and tell us how it went.

yeah, if you cant drive for shit, youll probably pull like a 20. maybe a 30.

you should still be able to run right along with Elements and Insights, though.

Haha oh yeah and another thing. When you swap engines do you gotta tell your insurance company? Cuz I'm only a high school kid and I can only imagine what the insurance payments would be on a high performance engine :(

why would you do a stupid thing like telling your insurance company?

lol

my insurance company has a picture of my car the day i bought it...bone stock.

Originally posted by solutionzero@Oct 28 2003, 10:56 PM
Haha oh yeah and another thing. When you swap engines do you gotta tell your insurance company? Cuz I'm only a high school kid and I can only imagine what the insurance payments would be on a high performance engine :(

the only reason to tell your insurance is if you are worried about it being stolen, my insurance company actually asked if i was going to use my civic for street racing. i was like no, street racing is illegal.

if you have full coverage and you want your new engine to be a part of the full coverage then yes tell them, it will raise your monthly payment but if somethin happens they will cover all of it, as opposed to you swapping your engine, then your shit gets jacked, and your insurance company only pays for your car with stock engine, not your car+engine swap. get it? same goes for stereo equipment and such, thats why they appraise it for full coverage. if you have liability, then fuck no.

I ran 13.3 (look at sig)

car weighted in at 1980lbs, and ran slicks with that.

Originally posted by solutionzero@Oct 28 2003, 10:56 PM

I work for an insurance company and they do not need to know about upgraded motors. As long as you dont tell them then they could not charge you for it. Their would be nothing to charge anyway. I also learned that if your drag racing and you crash, then their is no coverage. I learned that insurance companies do not cover any more than up to $1000 for aftermarket parts anyway. These are all rules of CA and might vary in other states.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 28 2003, 09:41 PM
except for the fact that the 99-00 si's didnt have an sirII

dammit...i misread it

still, that should be about accurate

somewhere in the 15's

I havent gone to the track yet, but im guessing i could run a 15.4 eta.

Back