B16 sirII into 92 cx civic hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gooseguir

I plan to order a b16 with ecu and tranny from hmotorsonline tomorrow. I already have the motor mounts, shift linkage, and axles. I wanted to know exactly what the wiring entails, what I need to do to the engine harness and such. Also any tips from anyone who's done this swap before, like what to expect. Thank you much, any help would be appreciated. 92 cx civic hatchback

all right, you will need to run wires, or get a new wiring harness like an ex. THe wires will be for vtec, and then a knock sensor wire no matter what. the shift linkage will be a bitch to get apart on the motor that is in your car. When you go to get your axels off, you will need an impact wrench with atleast 400lbs of torgh, if you have air conditioning you will need to get a bracket from a del sol B16. and get a bigger radiator, the stock won't be big enough most of the time. A delsol dual core works great. (get a genaric one from radiatorbarn.com) new hoses for the radiator no matter what. and then you will most likely need to get a new tps because they are broke on almost any swap. Good luck,

Darin

Originally posted by Gooseguir@Oct 16 2003, 08:26 PM
I plan to order a b16 with ecu and tranny from hmotorsonline tomorrow. I already have the motor mounts, shift linkage, and axles. I wanted to know exactly what the wiring entails, what I need to do to the engine harness and such. Also any tips from anyone who's done this swap before, like what to expect. Thank you much, any help would be appreciated. 92 cx civic hatchback

Not to alarm you, but have fun wiring that thing in - Most people say (especially steve from HMO) that the swap will plug right in, but that wasnt the case when i did it - almost everything had to be lengthened or extended - cause the motor was originally in an RHD car.

Good luck with the swap, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

So does that mean I can use the stock engine harness on my old engine or not??

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Oct 16 2003, 09:50 PM
When you go to get your axels off, you will need an impact wrench with atleast 400lbs of torgh,

What do you need an impact wrench for? It wasnt needed when I yanked mine

Wiring for 92 hatch with JDM b16a

92's are supposed to be pre wired for vtec, at least from ecu to shock tower,
you will also have to add a knock sensor from the sensor all the way to the ecu, run it through the shock tower harness if you want to do it right,

The only thing that you need to find out is what you need to due to o2 sensor, I did the same swap into an EX so I already had a 4 wire o2 sensor , but I am not sure what the cx has.

**Also you will be using your cx wire harness ***

Because of this you will need to make your o2 wires longer because the will not reach around the B16, you can aviod having to splice the wires if you seperate them from the rest of the harness, then you can just relocate them,without cutting the wires.

All of your stock harness will plug into the B16, and you will have one extra plug for the evap purge valve, which a JDM B16, doesn't have

good luck, and take yor time so it will come out good the first time

Cashizslick is right. I got a JDM B18C and the harness had to be extended about 28 inches across the engine bay. My buddy Zac sat there for eight hours in my grage and wired a harness extension from scratch out of another OBD I harness that was extra. If you don't want to deal with that headache, I'm pretty sure someone makes them, either Hasport or someone with halfway decent wiring experience. Good luck, mang! Don't forget to spend the extra $300 for LSD. It's worth every penny! :D

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Oct 22 2003, 07:30 AM
Cashizslick is right.

No, he is a fucktard. You can use your USDM harness, and run a couple of extra wires, if it is a 92, it is even easier.

Gooseguir, refer to Sleepercivic's post about the swap, other than your CX having a one wire o2, which can be repinned at the canon plug, it's cake. If you need a link on the repinning, I can find one for you with pics and all.

I bought the same thing you did from h motors. the 4 wire o2 is a bitch and still is, mine still is not workin'. but that and the v tech is the only thing i had to wire up. Also the radiator hoses for the b16 are 1/8" bigger so you will need an integra or del sol si radiator.

Back