B16 sirII not starting!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teal_HB

Ok I just finished getting the motor in my car this weekend and double and triple checked to make sure evething is hooked up right. Then I went to fire it and it won't do anything execpt keep cranking and cranking, not even a putter. I replaced Dis. cap, rotor, plugs gaped my plugs at like .050 thousands(thats what NGK recommended). After repeated attempts to start. My dad put his hand over the throttle body so it was covered. And it made my car sputter for like 1 sec. So I thougth it might be vacum leak because the hose I took off Purge Control Solenoid on my sohc motor didn't have a place on my b's intake mani. but I pluged it to see if it would do anything and it had no change. I have no CEL's, and I even tried my P28 I had instead of the P30 it came with but no change. Any advice would help thanks.

Is the dist wired right....thats the only thing i can think of since you were going from a d series to a b series.

I just used my stock cx wiring harness and converted from a 1 wire to a 4 wire O2 sensor and add vtec wires. I didn't know there was a diffrence.

Originally posted by Teal_HB@Jul 11 2005, 08:57 PM
plugs gaped my plugs at like .050 thousands(thats what NGK recommended)
[post=524402]Quoted post[/post]​

try .44 like honda reccomends and it sounds like your coil might be toast

we tested for spark and we are getting it, I will try a smaller gap but I don't think that would keep it from starting completly. I also should definatley check timing. Any other suggestions?

How long did you try to crank it over?
Mine took about 30 sec before it fired.

Originally posted by Teal_HB@Jul 12 2005, 08:54 PM
we tested for spark and we are getting it, I will try a smaller gap but I don't think that would keep it from starting completly. I also should definatley check timing. Any other suggestions?
[post=524823]Quoted post[/post]​

How about check the timing, and the other suggestions, then if there's no dice, post what's hapening then.

Back