B16 sleeves???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

hi all i should b changing my pistons in my b16a2 soon so that i can make room for boost.
i wanted to know whether i should sleeve and also what size bore will i need for pistons etc any advice thanks :)

if you're looking for more than 300 whp, its a good idea to sleeve.
some have run 400+ on the stock sleeves.... but it becomes more a matter of WHEN instead of WILL or IF.

piston bore depends on block bore.

81mm is stock
81.5 is "standard" overbore
82+, you're going to have to sleeve anyway.

so, ultimately, it depends on your goal, and more so, your wallet.

I'm interested in this topic too. I'm rebuilding a b16a3 and I plan on sleeving it, not sure of my goal whp but i know it will be more then 300, and i'd rather be safe then sorry. I'm looking for the best price on sleeves. I already found a guy in CA that will sleeve the block for 1000, including everything...but of course i'd like to at least try to find sleeves and call around locally for prices, but there doesn't seem to be many sleeves out there for the engine.

send your block to benson's. contact elaskey-AT-cox.net he can get you set up.

where are they located? I really didn't want to ship the block anywhere. I found a place in the harrisburg area that does it for 600 bucks. They are called Proline.

they are from cali.

you get what you pay for dude.

i wouldn't even consider getting a block sleeved anywhere but bensons right now. everyone else seems to be having problems with their sleeves.

Back