b16 supercharger??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9power

yea i have a b16 and im wondering if i could run high compression pistons around 11 to 12 with a jackson racing supercharger??if you know anything could you help thx

Yes you can, but the tune supplied with the JRSC won't work, as the ign. timing will have to be adjusted and you might need water or meth injection, since the superchargers already push the engine close to the knock limit, and you'll be making it worse.

Should rip if/when you get it running right.

Yes you can, but the tune supplied with the JRSC won't work, as the ign. timing will have to be adjusted and you might need water or meth injection, since the superchargers already push the engine close to the knock limit, and you'll be making it worse.

Should rip if/when you get it running right.
so your saying it wont be a good idea or i just really have to get a fine tuning on it??

11:1 and a good tune would probably be ok. it has to be tuned though! you need to use a good ems like hondata or neptune

the brand of the ems doesnt matter its your tuner that matters. and you should be okay, you'll have to pull more timing (id imagine) with the jrsc on a high comp motor so your gains are probably going to fall a few percentage points across the board. should still be good though.

I ran a stock jdm gsr motor with the jrsc for some time. I had to modify the JR tune a little by adding fuel across the board to compensate for the higher compression. (10.0:1 for US, 10.6:1 for jdm). I figure you will have to do the same thing, except also retard the timing a little in the boost tables because of the really high compression.

I ran a stock jdm gsr motor with the jrsc for some time. I had to modify the JR tune a little by adding fuel across the board to compensate for the higher compression. (10.0:1 for US, 10.6:1 for jdm). I figure you will have to do the same thing, except also retard the timing a little in the boost tables because of the really high compression.

im sorry wat do you mean by modifying the JR tune??sorry still a noob.lol

Jackson Racing supplies a basemap tunes for the hondata s300. If you run a higher compression than stock, you will have to modify the fuel and timing tables in the tune so the car runs right.

o alright i get you.alright then so its really on tuning my car really then.
well thx for the help and i really liked your jrsc setup as well.props for that.

Back