B16 Swap Glitching

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SubCultureNM

That's exactly what it feels like. Got the swap done in one long day today. Everything checks-out except for a glitching (almost like a severe miss) when the car is under load. It will not do it when parked and revving - only when moving. There is also the distinct sound of a relay clicking from under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. I'm using the modified wiring harness from Hasport - the car was is a DX model (1.5L t.b. injected originally.)

With the stock engine, there was a problem that I associated with the ignitor. After about 3,500 RPMs the car would miss (though not nearly as sharply as now) and the tach needle would jump around. There was also no noticeable relay clicking when it would happen. Now the tach needle stays steady and the glitch isn't on-going and mild like before - they are single glitches with no tach movement and the relay click.

No check-engine light either. It's tried to come on but turns off when the car glitches and the relay clicks.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brian

Fuel pressure is OK. Any other suggestions? I'm beginning to suspect the main relay or an intermittent short somewhere.

Brian

Back