b16 swap help Won't Start HELP PLEASE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89b18a1

Here is the deal i swapped in a b16 sir in for my old b18a so now it will not start it cranks it was two wires from the dizzy that i cut and 4 running to the firewall i cut also was this for mpfi conversion the car is a dx so does this have anything to do with the car not cranking if so i know i would have to run the 4 wires back to the resistor box but what about the two from the old dizzy i have a new one for king for the b16 thanks in advance.

u have to rewire the dizzy, or well the harness at the dizzy if it was a dx b4. . . i believe

Run wires from C1 and C2 (direct ECU connection) into the engine compartment. Label these wires for later use.

Cylinder position sensor

Connect C1 to blue/green wire on cylinder position sensor plug.

Connect C2 to blue/yellow wire on cylinder position sensor plug.

that sound do it, because if the wires ont he dizzy are wrong your car has no chance at starting. . .

is it obd1 or obd0? did u do the conversion right? did u check the grounds? esp the one on the water housing?

hope this helps,
kyle

the Motor is obd 0 i have a new obd 0 dizzy from king distributors do i wire it up before the plug or after it is just the two sensors for c1 and c2 right it will not fire up it just will crank for days but no start how many grounds is there on the b16 im thinking that it have to be one of them because my clock is not on so im thinking its a ground and the guy who had it before me when he put the b18a in there he hacked the injector wires all to shit so is there a way that i can just the injector harness to resistor box for the b16 if i just wired it up like the dx for mutipoint because the engine came withe all every harness im getting pissed off cause i know it somthing small.

Quoted post[/post]]
the Motor is obd 0 i have a new obd 0 dizzy from king distributors do i wire it up before the plug or after it is just the two sensors for c1 and c2 right it will not fire up it just will crank for days but no start how many grounds is there on the b16 im thinking that it have to be one of them because my clock is not on so im thinking its a ground and the guy who had it before me when he put the b18a in there he hacked the injector wires all to shit so is there a way that i can just the injector harness to resistor box for the b16 if i just wired it up like the dx for mutipoint because the engine came withe all every harness im getting pissed off cause i know it somthing small.
3 grounds
1 valve cover
1 transmission (where the clutch cable goes)
1 Thermostat housing which connects to your harness

also could i just rewire the b16 injector harness to because the one with the mpfi done to it is tore all to hell and so if i do the b16 just like that would it work. also is the colors for the dizzy i need to tap blue yellow blue green for cylinder position plug because the one i have from king does not have that color its a blue green but then a soild blue so is that the blue yellow that everyone is talking about. thanks im trying to get this thing on the road its a pain in the ass.

Have you checked to make sure you're getting spark and fuel? You can pull the spark plug wires and see if they spark on the valve cover when turning over. Also pull the plugs after trying for a while and see if they smell like fuel. If some of them don't (or non of them) then you definatly arn't getting fuel.

oh yeah, and check your timing too.

Back