1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Swap Help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jdmcrx89, Jan 3, 2003.

1. jdmcrx89

jdmcrx89 Senior Member

do i need motor mounts like hassport? for a b16a sir swap? or can i use mine, or the b16 motormounts ?
  2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated

Are you swapping into the car in your sig.?If so,then yes you do.
  3. jdmcrx89

jdmcrx89 Senior Member

yea a 89 crx si, im askin can i use the stock mounts that come with the swap or will i need to get aftermarket ones like hassport mounts? its says complete swap where im gettin it from so i assume it comes with everything i need to get the swap workin.
  4. xj0hnx

You need the mounts from somewhere that made them to fit the engine in the proper way for it to clear the hoodline.As far as the place your ordering from they probably don't include aftermarket mounts with the swap.Usually only shops that are doing the swap for you will include them in the price.
  5. jdmcrx89

jdmcrx89 Senior Member

yea 1700 with hassport mount kit included and all the extra stuff,
  6. xj0hnx

Seems like a good price for everything including the mounts,ask questions about the motor you are buying though inspect it if you can.I guess you can't though if your ordering it,huh?
  7. richie_vei

richie_vei Member

can i use my vei mounts on my swap as 1 of the vti's is bust

sorry to but-in
  8. xj0hnx

Depends on which one.Drivers side,and rear bracket yes,tranny not sure,the ones on the bottom(to help stabilize)no.
  9. richie_vei

richie_vei Member

dont know wat the under side 1s like but the one on the passenger side is screwd