b16 swap idle issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just watched this...
Skunk2 Videos

and as I watched him recalibrate the TPS I was like hey wait a minute I never recalibrated it and I had it out for the swap so that I wouldnt crack it when I dropped the motor back in... could this be my problem Ill check it out, factory setting for closed is .45 and 4.55 wide open right??

5.0V at WOT, and between 0.45V and 0.5V closed.

Last edited:
Well I am ready to give up on this one!!! :angry::angry::angry:

TPS was bad... 30 K ohms in closed position... Pulled the one off the D series and it was good, installed and recalibrated it on the B (.512 closed... and about 4.97 wide open.. close enough???) Started it up and the cold idle is still fine at about 1200-1400 rpm but once it warms up it the same shit as before!

What I dont get is the wideband (innovate LCI with Moates O-meter guage) is saying Im idling at an afr of 10 ???

Not much left... how can I set my timing if I dont have a steady idle?

Im really leaning towards either injectors or ECU... what else is there? I have a PR4 auto ecu and my old PM6 will either one of them idle the B just to check if it is an ecu problem.

Im 6 hours away from any kind of performance shop so I need to figure this out or else the car is gonna have a long ass trailer ride!

Any more suggestions...:wallbash:

Last edited:
I had the same problem with mine when i first got it it could be the idol air controller. take the intake off of the throttle body and put your finger over the top hole in the throttle body towards the fire wall if it stops surging that is your problem one off of a 1992 integra LS will fit if you cannot find it at a part store

Last edited:
Back