b16 swap in ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricanef9

hi i just recenly swapped a b16a into my 91 civic hatch obd0 that already had a 91 b18a1 swap in it an i put the ls distributor on it ( ghetto way) and the ls harness. when i go to turn it on it just makes a clicking noise by the fuse box i'm stumped i thought it was supposed to turn over there is fuel in the lines and also when i take the plug from the wire harness to the fuse box under the hood and touch it on the chassis the engine turns over but the wire gets hot and starts to let a little smoke? the wire i believe is a ground wire for the harness but i don't know im stumped? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

you might need to replace the distributor cap and rotor, I'm not sure tho.

maybe cause u ghettoed that dizzy....its off timing pretty bad.....me n my bro used a non vtec dizzy on our mini me swap....started for a second then stopped....we put the vtec dizzy and ran ever since :mrgreen: .....try finding a b16 dizzy

Quoted post[/post]]
maybe cause u ghettoed that dizzy....its off timing pretty bad.....me n my bro used a non vtec dizzy on our mini me swap....started for a second then stopped....we put the vtec dizzy and ran ever since :mrgreen: .....try finding a b16 dizzy
thanks for the tip yea we thought it was spark plugs so we switched them up and it ran for like 5 minutes and then it cuts off? any ideas? it runs like normal but then all of a sudden it starts to bog and then turns off

you need the vtec dist. to make your car run, and what ecu are you using?

Back