B16 swap into carbed EG swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DOHCtor Boost

Hy,

I am planning on doing a B16 swap into a carbed eudm EG with a B15B2 engine. I know it is a difficult swap. I like the challenge. I have everything I need except for wiring from the engine bay to the ecu. How difficult is it to wire from here to the ecu?? any tips. or segustions??

i think you can use your stock harness that is in your car now that is what i did i used my d sereies wiring harness to the b16 and it is working well for the most part

you're in for a hell of a swap.

you're going to need to add a full MPFI fuel system, lines, etc on top of your wiring.

your stock harness is going to be pretty worthless.. as it doesn't have a lot of the fuel injection wiring and sensors.

I'd try to find an EDM EG6 or usdm EH6 d16z6 engine wiring harness. from there, at the passenger side shock tower (assuming your car is left hand drive) you're going to have to run the wires for all the fuel stuff, plus vtec.
on the drive side, you're going to have to run the injector wires and so forth. i'm not too sure what your car already has, but i would highly recommend picking up a facotry service manual for both your car and for your motor (or, a 94-95 usdm del sol vtec, as its pretty darned close) from http://helminc.com

good luck

if its anything like the old usdm crx carb- fi swap, your also going to need the fuel tank, fuel pump, lines, fuel filter, and fpr from the fuel injected car too.

The only thing the car has on the passanger side tower is the brackets for the harnnes. There is no ecu. the car has a carb fuel pump. I was hopping to only swap the fuel pump in the thank and the rubber fuel lines and ad a fuel return line. Why do I have to run the injector wirring to the drivers side? can't I run it from the passanger side to the ecu? I was planning on doing the wirring as if I'm wirring a stand alone ecu.

look into a cheapo stand alone sds digital is reasonable but you will need all new fuel lines and crap cause a carb runs a 7 psi lower pressure well fuel injection is way higher pressure

the second option is take the enitre harness out of a mpfi car and swap it in to your car then hook up the ecu to that. if you need a harness i have a complete (actually 5-6 harness out of a 89 integra mpfi) i can sell you cheap i was gonna use an extran honda motor into my wheeling truck but got a fresh sleeve and rebuild for 200 bucks from a shop.

My idea was to take an MPFI engine harness and run the wires one by one to the ecu. And just replace the fuel lines with high pressure fuel lines.
Can that be done??

I can't use 89 harness cause thats OBD0 I wanna use OBD1 ecu. hey but thanks.

Anyone have OBD1 harness??

Here is a pic of my engine bay before I ripped the engine out.

link : Engine bay

wNjA5NTQxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Back