B16 Swap Mount/Wiring Help Needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NexGen91

Im doing a B16 swap into a 91 Civic DX with MPFI conversion, it is my understanding that I use my stock engine harness, and just plug it into the B16 right?? Also do I plug the B16 into the connectors off of the old engine harness, or to the harness on the strut tower kind of confused on this? Pictures would be great. Can I run the 4 extra wires from the ECU to the connector on the harness?? Also my mount kit comes with three mounts, do I need any mounts off the B16?? or any off of my old engine?? Thanks alot for your help. Also do I need the rear engine mount bracket, and if so can I use the rear motor mount bracket from a 99 integra instead of a 90-93? Thanks alot for your help.

Hey what you can do is to go to search on the top right of the page and click on search.Then write what ever you want .

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey what you can do is to go to search on the top right of the page and click on search.Then write what ever you want .

OR you could just post on here...

3 mounts are all thats needed.
You can use your harness as long as it's MPFI(which yours is already converted.... so your good).
The Engine you buy needs to be a b16a1 (aka. SiR 1, or just b16a) if you want to keep it obd-0 and not have to by a conversion harness from obd-0 to obd-1 like this one.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

OR you could just post on here...

3 mounts are all thats needed.
You can use your harness as long as it's MPFI(which yours is already converted.... so your good).
The Engine you buy needs to be a b16a1 (aka. SiR 1, or just b16a) if you want to keep it obd-0 and not have to by a conversion harness from obd-0 to obd-1 like this one.

or you could actually help the guy, not give him incorrect info.

now to the original poster, since you are already MPFi thats s the biggest part of the wiring but you still need the V-tec wires. there are several pinouts floating around for p30/pr3 obd0 ecu's. just look to see which pins you need to add wires to for v-tec and run them to the corresponding component. and since you are just adding, not changing, these wires its very easy.

you use the harness that came from the original engine thats been converted, put it on the b16 and plug it into the strut tower connector.

you need the rear bracket from a 90-93 teg

Back