B16 Swap Nightmare !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone have pics of how to install the rear motor mount? and can some one find a step by step guide how to do it? thanks in advance. im trying to make this as straight forward as possible for the tech at honda so i can save money on labour !

I just had to cut it out because there are three bolts two are in front and easy to get too but the one in back is between the frame and rear brace its bolted to I cut enough that I could bend it to get to the bolt

Step 1: (without engine in car) loosely bolt the mount to frame
Step 2: attach the rear mount bracket from DA integra onto mount
Step 3: mark where the mounting bracket sits on the frame lip. (you know, basicaly the width of the bracket.
Step 4: remove bracket, leave bolts in the holes.
Step 5: with a small (3lb) sledge hammer, knock the lip all of the way down between the marks you made.

Thats about it. really fuckin simple. print this out and give it to the tech. but you have to have a bracket from integra. and also on the frame where the alternator sits you have to hammer in part of the frame so the alternator can fit correctly. if you need this info let me know and i'll try to send pics, but my mount kit came with instructions for all of this, if yours dont let me know and i'll get you the info.

dude i can make this swap for less the what the "tech" wannaa be ) charge you ,,, i can even make this swap for 300bucks or less but good luck plus i got this motor mounts if u need them i can sell them to you

humm

well ok kid if i was you i would take the engine out and let the hondaswap crew take you throu the steps, you can save alot of cash with all the insight the crew has. ok do not in any way take your ride to honda again, what you should have done was asked who lived around your way i am positive someone here lives close to you and would have saved you some cash. ok so pay attention to what the crew is saying to you if they say keep it in there than do that if they say take it out do it.

What motor oil should i run in this engine? its a b16a , i want to run royal purple but what weight? or does anyone have any other suggestions for oil?

Hey, just listen to these guys. I re-did my own wiring using a JDM Integra XSi harness. Since it is RHD I had to make a "Criss Cross" harness, which brings half of the wires from the right side to the left plug and from the left side to the right plug. Not reccommended if you have no experience with wirng and reading schematics (btw, no cel for me :) ) . Just use the SI harness. Wiring the Vtec is not that hard. Also, most of the mount kits are idiot proof, I have the exact sames that you got. They work great. The only fab work that I had to do with the chasis is take a sledgehammer to the right side toward the rear of the engine bay where the alternator would sit to make more room for it. Then I sprayed some primer to prevent it from rusting. Also, make sure he removes the rings from behind the HUBS, unless you get custom axles from gator or dss ( if you are going to get the custom axles i prefer dss, but i'm sure there are people here that beg to differ ). If you use the 90-93 teg axles and don't remove the rings, the rotors will freeze up when he tightens the axle nut. 1 more thing, i dont know if anyone else had this problem, but the ground wire from my car was a little corroded which made my h-beam light and left turn signal on my gauges sightly illuminate, which my car also would fail to charge the battery. I made my own ground kit and it took care of the problem. Let us know if there's anything else you need. :)

Last edited:
so hondasniper, you didnt need to get a rear motor mount bracket from an integra?

Yea, I did. You need that and a shift linkage. I got mine from avid. The only downside is that you need to use the pressed linkage pin (the pressed pin that keeps the shift linkage connected to the transmission) from your original tranny since the avid pin hole is smaller than a regular b16/b18 transmission. I just machined mine out at my shop since i went out of the way to get the pin for an integra tranny. But if you can't get the old pin out, they sell those pressed pins at a local hardware store like ace (i didn't know until after I did the swap, i was pretty pissed. Could've saved myself a 1hr trip to acura).

If you use the rear mount bracket that came with the B16A swap, then go for it. If it came with the mount too, then make sure that you use the 2 right holes on the rear crossmember. The right 2 are for JDM and the left 2 are for USDM. The rear mount that comes with the mount kit usually comes with 3 bolt holes so you can't screw it up. And if the motor just got rebuilt, don't use synthetic for the first 1000 miles. If you use synthetic right off the back after a rebuild, the piston rings will never seat properly.

i called honda today and they said that the engine is in but they are waiting on a rad hose what rad hose will fit?

Back