B16 Swap Nightmare !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if a knock sensor isnt wired.. its gonna throw a code.. wire that and let us know what happens..

too much ! lol it was 2000 for the engine and 3000 for the install that included new rad and timing belt and water pump and mounts plus the axles from the teg were abs axles so the tech had to get them machined down

i would go and at least demand dinner. or a movie.
lol

this is your first swap? sorry it went like this. that sucks but at least its running.

seriously you got rapped hard core.
When they told you to take it out the shop you should have listen shame on you.
Not only are you out 3grand but your engine isent even running right.
Do yourself a favor and never go back to the honda place again.
Also do yourself another favor and take your car to a RACING OR IMPORT shop of some kind that specializes in hondas and have them fix the mistakes the tech dude did.
Also if the ecu is throwing a code that doesent exist, its obiously a wrong ecu for that engine or you need to flash that ecu.

1991 honda civic b16a2gen

:)hey guys i have a 1991 honda civic b16a2gen motor and ecu (pw0) from japan i have all new exhaust and aftermarket high flow exhaust o2 sensors are used motor is stock with skunk2 intake manifold runs good no codes or lights my car didnt pass emissions failed the carbons part max was 12.0 and my car produced 50.0 when i drive 45mph or over you can smell the fumes of exhaust what do i have to do i am new with hondas thanks

:)hey guys i have a 1991 honda civic b16a2gen motor and ecu (pw0) from japan i have all new exhaust and aftermarket high flow exhaust o2 sensors are used motor is stock with skunk2 intake manifold runs good no codes or lights my car didnt pass emissions failed the carbons part max was 12.0 and my car produced 50.0 when i drive 45mph or over you can smell the fumes of exhaust what do i have to do i am new with hondas thanks

Did you warm up the car b4 you took it to get it smogged? Always make sure its warmed up drive it around for 20mins b4 you take it.

If you did i would suggest a tune up ect.
If not get somone to pass you for the extra $$,,,alot of mexican places will do it.

Or put back on a stock cat or add another on onto the car.

start your own thread. no threadjacking. its not allowed.

Did you warm up the car b4 you took it to get it smogged? Always make sure its warmed up drive it around for 20mins b4 you take it.

If you did i would suggest a tune up ect.
If not get somone to pass you for the extra $$,,,alot of mexican places will do it.

Or put back on a stock cat or add another on onto the car.

dont fuel the threadjacking.

my old d15 blew smoke at any speed lol...

more details please:
color of smoke?
rpm's?

ok it is throwing a code 23 which is knock sensor, is this because the engine is using 3 mounts instead of 5 stock ones or is this because the knock sensor is actually bad? where is the knock sensor located? pics would be helpful so i can see if it is hooked up right.

i check the ecu and traced all of the 4 added wires and 3 of them were correct but the knock sensor was in pin b18 when it shouldhave been in pin b19 so i put in in pin b19 and i dont get the hiccup anymore and the cel went away

call them and tell them that they need to recheck everything because a novice like you found their mistake... shit i would even file a complaint with the BBB.

i would have them recheck everything again, look for missing/loose bolts and leaking fluid.

what a douchebag. why would a mechanic take a job that they had no clue how to do? any shop ive worked at if our head tech didnt know how to do it and we couldnt find somebody in the company that could, we would send it elsewhere. if he wanted to learn he shouldve fucking studied or sought the info from another tech. its not hard. he needs a bitchsmacking.

sounds like they did the wiring wrong to me. or the sensor's bad. but eh....
i'd be pissed if i was you. 3000 for a shitty job. man....
*edit* nvm. just seen that you fixed it.

Last edited:
there it is ... all done !!
n511764976_87962_1909.jpg

n511764976_78283_7434.jpg
n511764976_87964_2373.jpg

Back