B16 Swap Nightmare !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know if its just me or the motor really looks slanted to the right side in the first pic.
Even though you're out 2500 bucks more than you should have payed it looks pretty good.

maybe the whole pic's slanted a little. guess you'll find out if you start going through axles left and right.

how's it running?

i like those little hatches alot, but i need ac in florida its just way too hot... looking good!

it runs great ! ... now that i fixed hondas stupid wiring mistake
the cel comes on and the tach jumps every once and a while but it runs like a champ the stock tach in my si hits the dash cuz the redline on my new engine is 8600 and the tach ends at 8 grand!!! lol thats honda power !!!

it looks as if your right motor mount, (standing in front of the car) Bolt is missin. The bolt that holds the engine mount to the bay mount. Maybe thats why it looks slanted.

Hey can you do me a favor, and get me some detailed pics of the intake manifold, and throttle body.

I need to know the answer to my question in this thread, all i need is close up pics.

Thanks, just post them here or PM me them.
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/b16-throttle-body-wrong-1-a-91671/

You can still put your ac back into that car if you want, hasport makes a speical bracket to mount up the compressor. Thats what i plan on doing to mine, vegas dry heat is way to much to handle.

Last edited:
i feel your pain, i just did a B16 swap by myself and im running into a shitload of problems. i just had to drop another 500 dollars on a fucking transmission.

hey srry about not getting the pics but my parents have been away and they took my digital camera with them and they just got back so i will take those pics for you if you still need them.
does anyone know where i can get a fast idle valve for my car..??? i went to a place to get it looked at cuz the idle was jumping between 1 and 2 thousand rpm when it was warming up ans they said it was the fast idle valve .... and honda cant get the part so does anyone know a part number or can i get one off a del sol or sumthing like that?

You could've bought a B16/18 swapped EF for about $2500. Congrats! You coulda had 2 swapped hatches for the price of one.

:rockon:

so?
he likes it and its his own thing not something someone else had built. he"ll know all the problems & how to fix them and can enjoy having something he came up with on his own. plus its a learning experience.

he has some pics.

and did you really feel it neccesary to tell him something that he already knows?
he learned and he knows that its done correctly, id much rather pay to know that its done right than buy one thats hacked and not know whats going where.

so i installed a tach yesterday and i got it all wired up but i wasent sure which wire to go to on the dizzy so i used the other method which was putting a clip around one of my spark plug wires.this method works ok.... but its a little sluggish and theres sum interference from the other spark plug wires . so my question is which of the two wires that are comming out of my dizzy do i have to connect to?

i think its the green wire. shouldve had instructions with the tach.

from this pdf
i had this light in my crx and not in the ej6

http://proformparts.com/PDF/ShiftLightInstructions6.pdf

SPORT IMPORT APPLICATIONS
Honda and Acura
For early applications, connect the green wire to the blue
wire coming from the distributor. On late model
applications, connect the green wire to the yellow wire with
the green stripe coming from the Ignition Control Module
(ICM). In some cases there may be a diagnostic plug found
in the corner of the engine bay (driver's side) wherein you
can splice the green wire into the blue wire. If this method
does not work for the late model applications you may be
able to connect the green wire to a tachometer test
connector wire (typically a connector with a blue wire)
found behind the battery in front of the air cleaner opening
on the passenger side fenderwell

Back