1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 swap problem into crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by mikester1222, May 20, 2009.

1. mikester1222

mikester1222 New Member

Alright i got a 89 honda crx si and i swaped a b16 into it but somethings not right its only revs at under 1 rpm and wont go any higher and its barly stays running and just putters when i hit the gas it just putters more and stays under 1 rpm whats the problem i can not figure it out can anyone shine a light on the problem?

2. EFsedan

EFsedan New Member

its your dizzy
    just move it side to side till it idles right!

3. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

*facepalm*

i'd be willing to bet it could be a handful of things, none of which include something as simple as adjusting ignition timing.

to OP: are you sure the firing order is correct? and have you checked the cam timing?

4. 79redbird

79redbird New Member

I had that issue with my swap. I put a b16a2 in a crx with a pw0 ecu and had the same problem. After testing a few parts and finding nothing, I replaced the throttle body with one from an integra b18b i think. I forget were it came from but you can tell it looks identical. Solved the problem. I'm not sure why, at first I thought it was because of the after market tps but tps dosn't effect idle, (unless it's shot). Hope that helps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted