b16 Swap Problems Running Rich...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuS JAi Bee

Honda Scene New Kiid
Ok So Heres The Deal... I Am Recently Bought A 93 Honda Civic... With A b16 Swap... From What I Can See Most Of It Is Done Right, Engine Starts , Runs Steady ( Which Reading Through The Forums I Notice Alot Of People Were Having Starting Problems)...

Heres The Problem.... Its Running Way To Rich... My Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Just Stays Rich From Start On... A Few Sensors Arent Hooked Up (i.e Vtec, IAT Sensor Ect.)

On The Manifold There Is No Holes For The IAT (Intake Ait Temp) Sensor... What Do I Do

Last edited:
just because no one reply

i'm having the same problem, let me know what it is if you find it i'll do the same..

Which sensors specifically aren't hooked up? The IAT needs to be hooked up for sure, but what are the others that you didn't mention? Your FPR could be bad also check your fuel pressure and see if it is within specs.

the ect has a big effect on the injector pulsewidth. hook it up! iat is is important too. the next thing is the map sensor check it. then make sure your feul pressure is ok.

Which intake manifold are you using that doesn't have a spot for the IAT? I've never seen an aftermarket mani that doesn't have a spot for one, but I'm sure that one exists somewhere.

If there's no spot for it in the manifold just make a hole in your cold air intake or intake system and put it in there. The OBD 2 vehicles have it in there so the manifold or even engine might be from an obd2 vehicle. P.S. check to make sure your o2 sensors are working and are plugged in. If they are not working properly that will make your car work on calculations alone and will not make adjustments.

its a stock manifold that doesnt have a spot for an iat... i have seen a few skunk2 and even a few blox intake manifolds without the spot... i have been told to mount the iat on the firewall... like drill a hole in it... and run it inside... tried it ran perfect until i turned the heat on in my car then i sensor blew up... and the o2 sensors work.. i just got the car back from the honda dealership... they checked it for everything because i thought the motor was bad.... came to the conclusion after multiple test thats its just running to rich.. because of the iat.. and whatever that other sensor on the harness next to it is...

Last edited:
what gen of b16 is it? if it first gen it need 2 o2 sensors if newwe could still need it replaced... any cels?

i just did a swap and im using b16 99-00 si intake manifold it doesnt have a spot for iat sensor so what should i do i plugged it up and left it hanging, should i put it somewhere like drill a hile in intake piping? i dont want it to take me run rich

In order for the ecu to do what it needs to do, ALL sensors need to be plugged in (to the harness and vacuum*if it needs a vacuum source*). Other wise, the ecu doesnt have all the needed information. Make sure all the sensors are working correctly, and are where they need to be.

Not sure if you got it figured out for yourself yet... But I drilled and tapped my manifold yet a few friends of mine have mounted them in the intake tube itself... And I've seen someone with it mounted on the firewall not sure how that one works but seemed to work fine for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back