B16 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stillpushin08

I have a 85 CRX (not the SI model) with a carb and automatic trans. I want to put a B16 in it and a manual trans. I know I can get the motor mounts from hasport but I have no clue what to do when it comes to all the electical stuff. I also know that I have to do something to my fuel system. What all do I have to do to get this thing straight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Im not exactly sure if you can or not.

Ok. I found a site where I can get a B16 swap "package" for a 89-91 crx. Can I put this in my 85 if I get the hasport mounts, axels and shift linkage? You can get axels and the shift linkage in the kit but I dont think the axels and linkage for the 2nd gen will fit on mine. The site is Osaka JDM Motors - North Americain Largest Supplier of JDM Motors & Clips and the package I was looking at is the one for $1200. It says B16A first gen 89-91.

It comes with:
[SIZE=-2]Motor, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Transmission, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Engine Wiring Harness, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]All required Cables, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Lsd ($200 extra), ECU, Distributor, Complete Intake Manifold, Alternator, Axels ($100 extra), New axels ($150 extra), A/C, Power Steering Pump, All brackets and sensors, Shiftlinkage ($75 extra).[/SIZE]
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx
[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE]

yes, that B16A is what you need - just don't get the axles or shift linkage since they won't fit the 1st gen - you need the Hasport AFB1 mount kit:

Installation instructions for

you will also need knuckles/hubs from 86-89 Integra

Last edited:
So all I have to get is the B16 engine package from osaka, the axles, shift linkage, mount kit, and rear engine bracket from hasport, and the 86-89 integra hubs? Sweet! Then all I have to do is get the fuel lines from the Si right?

here are a couple of places in NC that have Si fuel tank - they probably have the lines also

$45 Eastside Auto Salvage NC(Midway-Park) 1-800-435-2886
$Call Price Auto Parts NC(Knightdale) 1-800-672-9211

Price Auto has 2 - one 86 and one 87

Back