B16 Swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Adrupel17

I am just starting to get back into hondas after being in Japan the last 3 years. I have a 94 Civic EX and just bought a JDM B16 complete w/ ecu, half shaft, and tranny and also bought Avid mounts and hasport axels.
I want to do a med build and have purchased Skunk 2 Stg 3 cams, Super tech springs/ retainers, Skunk 2 Intake manifold, Blox 70mm TB, Super tech nitrade valves/ valve guides/ valve seals, Buddy club cam gears, Skunk 2 cat back exhaust, DC Sports 4-1 header, Exedy stg 1 clutch and lightened flywheel, ARP headstuds, Golden eagle fuel rail. I am still looking for more stuff but would like to stick with Stock bottom end if possible.

My questions:
What is recommend as far as head gaskets, have been looking at thinner ones made by buddy club or cometic?
Timing belt brands recommended or just a OEM Del Sol same as water pump?
Should I upgrade injectors, was thinking about RC 310?
I would like to run a hondata s300 chip for ecu, anyone have much experience with it?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

What is best for a header, back a few years ago DC were the shit, whats good now? Also is there any other brands besides RC for injectors that are good?

If you're going N/A I don't think its necessary to upgrade the fuel system. Unless crazy high compression or turbo a OEM Honda headgasket, OEM timing belt and water pump do fine.

I am planning on N/A for now, guess I will go with the OEM parts for timing belt and water pump. Do I really even need to upgrade to Hondata or should I be fine with Stock ecu?

I keep forgetting to ask will my stock 94' Civic EX throttle cable work with this, if not which one do I need to get?

The d16 throtthe body may work nut it's like 4mm smaller than a b16 one.

Since you changed out your valve train and cams you should tune, but that doesn't mean Hondata, a chipped ecu can do the trick too.

What throttle cable do I need to get then? I am running a blox 70mm throttle body, not sure if the size is different on the cable for it either.

Back