b16 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j_max420

i have a 1991 civic dx hatch, the guy putting my b16a swap in needs to know the how to's. now i have the harness done, i have the mounts, ecu, engine/trans, and headers. now he needs to know about shift linkage, axles, speedometer cable, and the little stuff to go along. any suggestions, or websites that have directions on how to

I hope this is your buddy that is doing it and not a shop. if it is a shop and they are asking these questions...run FAST! READ THE FAQ don't be lazy!

90-93 teg linkage cut to fit. axles need to be combined using 86-89 teg axles and 90-93 axles. throttle cable 90-93 integra. you'll probably need some kind of conversion harness from hasport to get the wiring hooked up right.

Originally posted by 9inch@May 23 2004, 12:26 AM
90-93 teg linkage cut to fit. axles need to be combined using 86-89 teg axles and 90-93 axles. throttle cable 90-93 integra. you'll probably need some kind of conversion harness from hasport to get the wiring hooked up right.

if its goin into a DX or Si HB/CRX he doesnt need to make axles, use 90-93 axles with 90-93 integra intermediate shaft, easy to buy the linkages, and on kteller.com if cash is an issue, they have anr mounts for $175, similar to Avid mounts.

i used the hasport shift link that is already made for you.

the speedometer cable that you already use should work.
you just remove the vs sensor thing on the top of your told trans and put it on the b16 trans.

clutch cable should work too, may have to work it in to place.

if it was a DX the stock throttle cable may not clear youll need one from a 90-93 integra

The stock dx throttle cable is pretty long. I think one from an hf or si will work, but if not use a 90-93 integra one.

Back