1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 swap... tranny shot

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Danabis, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Danabis

Danabis Member

got a bad tranny looking at replacing it but havent found anywhere with prices. Most places sell just swaps it seems. I wanted to know if you guys think I should stick with the same one or use a ls or maybe check out that hydraulic clutch conversion from hasport (if anyone has info on it) and go with a gsr tranny. I dont have lots to spend but might consider saving up for a ys1 if its worth it. Just need a little input please.

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

keep the cable GSR tranny or b16a tranny. the LS tranny will kill u, and is shit for a b16a.

3. JrSiRb16A

JrSiRb16A Senior Member

yeah ive got a LS Tranny with my B16A..it hurts my accleration..but my shit hauls ass on the top end..i dont even think my car can go as fast my tranny/ecu will let it...

my first B16A i had years ago..i got my hands on the 93 Integra GSR 1.7 cable tranny..shit was great..i def miss that tranny..took me 6 hours of sittin in NYC Performance Factory Lobby kissin Vinny 10's ass before i got that tranny..

4. word

word Senior Member

:withstupid: :werd:

i'm running a ls tranny with my b16a also. my pickup is okay because i have a 7.5 lb flywheel but the gears are still a bit long. my top end hauls .

i just beat a rsx-s a with i/e i few days back on the highway :D

5. Danabis

Danabis Member

ok well i think ill stick with the s1 or y1 how rare are they to get? i know the 1.7 gsr tranny is rare as hell and if i can even get my hands on a ys1 (lsd) what would it run me? either way what kind of rarity and price range do you guys think im looking at?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted