B16 swap, will only one 02 sensor work??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXcamaro

I have a 90 CRX Si with B16 swap. I bought it blown and rebuilt it. It has only one 02 sensor in the mid pipe. The engine cannot find idle, it goes up and down. Normal driving it runs well, should I have two 02's? Or do I have another problem? If I do infact need two sensors, where do I put it? It has a header and aftermarket mid pipe. Do I drill a hole in the header and weld a sensor bung in it? Plus, where do I wire it in? Or is there something else to make an erratic idle? I pulled the IAC valve, cleaned it and ran voltage to it and it clicks so I think it works. Please help!!

tps sensor might have moved or gone bad. check you red wire(fluctuating wire) with a multi meter. you should get .45 or .32 volts at closed throttle. Make sure to turn the key to get a signal. if its not close to any of these number then you need to adjust it. Another thing is that you might have a leaky hose somewhere. The o2 sensor would normally cause these symptoms. I had 1 o2 sensor on my lsvtec. i would still weld an extra one in case you ever need to tune it.
this might help
Honda Throttle Position Sensor Adjusting

What ECU are you running?? And make sure you dont have the map sensor and TPS plugs backwards..These plugs look the same and this sometimes happens.

i had the same problem after i dropped the b16 into my rex. had to replace the TPS. also, i'd recommend getting the second O2 sensor. you're correct: drill a hole in the header right next to the other bung, and weld a second one in there. thats exactly what i did with my DC-sports header. works great. :p

pr3/pw0 ecus require 2 o2 sensors, 1 per pair of cylinders.

i dicussed this in detail.. let me find the thread

As stupid as it sounds, where is my MAP sensor? The car has an Ecu with the writing '91 Integra 5spd written on it. Were any of these cars mass air flow?

Back