b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxsk8er

hey everyone im new to this forum and i was looking for info on how to swap a b16 into a 91 crx si.........i am about to order the engine from hmotorsonline and i wanted to kno if my harness will plug right in and after thats in i just have to add four wires (i think) and what else will i have to do??? thanks a lot for your guys help

Chris

i just got done with my swap. same car same motor. you need to get an addition to your hareness, 4 wires, 86-89 teg axles with 90-93 teg inner cv joints, motor mounts. check out www.hasport.com. for hareness and mounts. www.raxles.com for axles. you will also need new shift linkages. I think thats about it, but i'm probably forgetting something.

k thanks man and im goign to be ordering the complete changeover for hmotors and it says i comes with the stock motor mounts and shift linkage will those work or will i still have to buy hasport ones???..thanks a lot

You need the 4 vtec wires that goto the ecu, fairly easy to add. The Ecu, (pr3) or similar. You need shift linkage. I used a 91 integra axle on the left side and an 88 integra axle on the right side. Read about the axles at hasport.com. I just bought brand new onese from auto store for 75 each. Shift Linkage HCPENGEERING sells a good one of those. I had to get a bracket for my throttle cable, I dunno about the si's prob not. Your a bastard though cause its so much easier i went from a dx... PAIN IN MY ASS :)

-Justin
AIM jdubspeeds

You will have to add wires as well as move wires.
Don't forget to figure in a clutch.
Once you swap, you can't put a clutch in without pulling the motor back out.

Ralph

I am about to put a B16 in 90 civic dx, a friend of a friend came over who did the swap and he said that he had to bang in the the chassis around the area where the alternator sits so it would fit. I checked it on his car and the alternator pully was grinding against the chassis.

This is the first I have heard of anyone doing this, he has HASport mounts so I know the motor is sitting right...can anyone confirm that this step has to be done?

TIA

Originally posted by hassan_1321@Aug 4 2003, 10:21 PM
I am about to put a B16 in 90 civic dx, a friend of a friend came over who did the swap and he said that he had to bang in the the chassis around the area where the alternator sits so it would fit. I checked it on his car and the alternator pully was grinding against the chassis.

This is the first I have heard of anyone doing this, he has HASport mounts so I know the motor is sitting right...can anyone confirm that this step has to be done?

TIA

another thing I did not know looks like I need a clutch too :huh:

Back