b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i was looking for some mounts i have a b16a1 that is going into my 97 civic and i was talking to a local import shop and they told me that along with my mounts for the swap i need to get an arm for the rear mount or something like that does anyone know what that is that they are talking about if so hook me up with a link or something so i can buy it thanks

you have 5 mounts in all 4 at the front (2 either side) and 1 at the rear of the block which is the one there talking about. the actual mount is bolted to the chassis and the arm there talking about, it connects the mount to your transmission box. you will have to get one that matches with the b16a1 motor you want to put in. ie same year as the motor

The arm you are talkng about is the rear transmission braket. As for your 97 Civic, 99 Civic Si isthe correct rear transmission braket to use on your swap. You can try loated an used one or you can buy from dealership. I hope this will help you. Good Luck...

wat u need is a 99-00 SI rear BRACKET(triangle piece)... and 99-00 SI driver bracket..--(bolts to block)

ok thank you very much where do you think i should get it at or can i buy a mount kit that comes with one thanks guys! :worthy:

slammed90lude it is because i got the engine for free i am not going to complain i got everything i need with it wiring axles you name it i got it but the tranny and that is on order for 350, civicious was able to get an obd0 to run in his 98 civic so i don't see why i can't get it running on my 97 B)
thanks guys for the info but i was looking at stuff i got with my engine i noticed i got all the mounts and brackets with it can i just use the ones that came with it? or am i still going to have to buy the new mount stuff? thanks guys.

lol nah i am in PA there is no emmission here just the visual one where they check to see if you have a cat! that is all i mean i would love to keep it all obd2 but that means i need to get what just the distrib. and injectors and ecu ? if so then i will do that but the part that is going to kill me is the wiring harness i have no clue where to get it and if so can i use the stuff that is in my car already being that i have a non vtec d16 in my civic lx like the injectors and distrib. i know i need the ecu, and can i use the wiring harness and just add the wires i need to it?

Back