b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragon2003

well i am planning on doing a b16a1 swap on my 89 civic dx, and i was wondering if i will need anything else besides what the swap comes with. and the swap comes with:

motor
tranny
ecu
axles
shift linkage
stock motor mounts
alternator
starter
clutch
flywheel
intake manifold
exhaust manifold
fuel rail
injectors
distributor
engine harness
all sensors

the swap is only $1,315.00

you'll need.....

hasport shift linkage or shortened 90-93 integra
conversion wiring harness EFDX-VTEC hasport the DX model needs to be converted to si first
hasport mounts/placeracing mounts
axles from 90-93 integra or i used 94 del sol passenger side 86 integra driverside
upper radiator hose 92 gsr trimmed
lower radiator hose 90 integra trimmed or you can find some for the swap on ebay that are made for this swap
if you have a/c you'll need a special braket. i have one for sell that i didn't use, it's from hasport
also buying a crate motor it's always smart to replace spark plugs and wires, all the belts alternator timing. and the WATER PUMP. and it's also a good idea to replace the clutch sense the motor is out of the car, but you don't have to

check out hasports website and place racingwww.hasport.com
www.placeracing.com

1st, If you haven't already ordered the engine, look into buying from hmotorsonline.com. Steve is a great guy and is considered one of the most reputable dealers in the United States.

I would suggest getting hasport mounts. They DON"T break. Seriously. I've heard one story about them breaking, and many about the HCP/Placeracing/otherweldedcrap mounts.

You can do the wiring yourself, its not really very hard...at all, or if you don't feel comfortable doing it, order a conversion harness. If the swap comes with teg or SiR axles, use those.

Definatly replace the clutch. I found the one inside my b16 was completly bare when I pulled the tranny to install the new clutch.

can i just get the dx to sir conversion harness from hasport, instead of changing it over to an si first? why change it over to an si then the sir, when i can just change it over to the sir?

Becuase the DX is DPFI (dual point fuel injected) and the Si and SiR are MPFI (multi point fuel injected). All this means is you need to run wiring for 2 more injectors to get it to Si Spec. Then you need to run 4 wires + a ground for the VTEC conversion to SiR.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jun 14 2004, 12:00 AM
1st, If you haven't already ordered the engine, look into buying from hmotorsonline.com. Steve is a great guy and is considered one of the most reputable dealers in the United States.

I can attest to this.. Steve is a great guy.. Alot of us around here have ordered Motors from him.. If there is any problem with the Motor he is very quick to take care of it.. And all motors come in great shape..

And I agree. Do a new Clutch. Its alot easier to do when the motor is out vs doing it later.

i bought my motor through hmotorsonline as well. they test the compression and also offer a 100% money back garentee. although the garentee is only valid if you replace all the parts i listed above. its not that big a deal though because you need to replace thoughs things anyway. don't forget the water pump from a 94 del sol.

hey i need to know how you did the wiring harness for that swap if you would let me know i would appreciate it i need exact diagrams if you have the thanks my email is civhatch21@aol.com

Back